Hours and Location: Part-time leading to full-time, Permanent – Stratford, PEI
Start Date: Immediately
Job Summary: The Sign Maker / Sign Production Coordinator will be responsible for developing and executing a high-quality sign production work flow for a fast-growing, fast-paced sign company.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Interpret customer requirements to provide consultative input regarding appropriate media/output methods
- Image sourcing: locate stock photos, understand copyright laws.
- Digital graphic manipulation using Adobe Creative Suite and other graphic design programs
- Follows a layout to place computer-generated vinyl or full color graphic images on a pre-determined sign material or medium
- Prepares sign materials for application, which may include cutting, painting, laminating, cleaning, and maintaining the sign material for vinyl application
- Weeds excess vinyl from computer cut images
- Proofread and inspect jobs for accuracy prior to sending to production.
- Performs finishing operations such as laminating, encapsulating, and/or mounting of printed pieces
- Provide proofs to customers as necessary and own responsibility for on-time production
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Reports inventory levels and stock to be reordered to the center manager/production manager
- Helps unload raw materials and cleans and maintains storage areas
- Maintain all production equipment: computer, printers, cutter, laminator etc., and perform routine machine maintenance and minor repairs when necessary
- Establishes and maintains effective team relationships with all support departments
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
- Maintain accurate records of work in progress and completed jobs
- Minimize waste through efficient use of using ink, substrates and vinyl.
- Signage installation
- MUST have previous sign making/sign industry experience
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and other graphic design programs
- Passion for providing exceptional customer service and for efficient process capability
- High school diploma or GED required; advanced education degree preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure to output high volume, high quality work
- Able to stand for long periods of time and able to lift 50 or more pounds
- Must have the flexibility to lean over a waist-high table and use back forth hand motions to apply vinyl letters and graphics to sign material.